Article Site Review: Ehow

Wednesday, December 16, 2009 , Posted by MoneyWriter at 4:05 PM

I have used ehow for a long time (about a year), so I know it fairly well. Basically, you write short and easy instructions or how-to guides. When people visit your pages, you get compensated based on how many see it as well as how well they respond to the advertisements. If you run a blog or your own site with Google adsense, it is the same. The only slight difference is that ehow gets a cut of the advertising revenue.

This may lead to you to believe that ehow is not a very good choice, but on the contrary it provides you a much higher visibility for your work and lets people access easier than it would be to drive traffic to your own site. With this in mind, I will explain how much I have been compensated for how much work below.

In total, I have made $90 from ehow. That is not much money, I must say however, I have only written seven articles, in total probably taking an hour or two. Then I just let it run and every other month I got a little bit sent to my Paypal. Very passive income that is delivered right into your Paypal instead of a check is very nice.

So, for the amount of time that I spent on it, I would say that I got a very good return on my efforts. If I had published a bunch more articles and actually publicized them, maybe I would have done even better. Like the first post for this blog, I anticipate making much more form ehow now that I am linking to it from my own sites.

The services that ehow provides are great. You can easily track how many views you have as well as how much money you have made, updated daily. The forms to create an article are great except a couple of times I lost all of my work when the site kicked me back to the front page for now reason at all. To avoid this, I would write your content in Word or something similar, then add it into the site.

The community is decent on ehow with a number of people willing to rate your articles with a all stars if you do it in turn. This is illegal as per the documentation, but it can really help the visibility of your articles.

The Take Away

I recommend ehow full heartedly as a way to make some good passive income with minimal effort. The key is finding something unique that you know how to do and expressing it very simply.

Pictures and other aides are pretty much essential if you want the article to become really popular where you can make the real money.

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment